1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Requesting California Workplace Charging Legislation

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by ryogajyc, Sep 17, 2013.

1. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'd like to be able to charge at work, my employer supports it and is willing to pay the costs, and there are 120V outlets in the garage, but the property manager prohibits it. I think this is a sad state of affairs and I hope that it can be changed.

I contacted Senator Pavley a few months ago about proposing legislation to require workplaces permit EV charging if the employer or employee pays for it. I was told that no new legislation would be submitted prior to September 15th and to contact them again and September 15th has rolled around.

I'm hoping others who are prohibited from charging at work will also contact their CA senator to ask them to support this proposed legislation. I'm also hoping that other PHEV owners will do the same to support this.

Here's what I wrote to Senator Pavley. Feel free to use it as a starting point or whatnot for contacting your CA senator.

2. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nice letter. We do have a powerful voice and we must push for progress in this area. Nobody else cares.