1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Requesting Suggestions For Mods & Upgrades For A 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusCamper, Jan 1, 2022.

1. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I was planning on upgrading the car stereo with car play but when I found a cheap "car thing" on marketplace, I grabbed the unit since it's almost new (just opened but wasn't installed) It works pretty well when using the voice commands and with a premium spotify account you can request any music (even foreign ones!)

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZricLRWJGpU

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Yeah this is exact type of thing I was talking about another post these things work so well now it's almost silly to be ripping the dash apart and putting in something with a I don't know 7-in screen and GPS I guess whatever these things here make much more sense especially now they're smart and all that stuff connect through your phone or Wi-Fi or however it's just seemingly the way to go Good job

3. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    If you are planning on removing seats and carpet and have time I would add Kilmatz to the entire roof floor pan trunk and door panels. I did this mod in my wife car and it is noticably different than mine. It took a while but for $150 and a lot of labor it was well worth it IMHO.
    How is the clear coat?

Tombukt2 likes this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Good Lord I'd have to live in the car for that well I guess some do.