1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Research- Gen 1 Prius Longevity

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by coach81, Mar 2, 2010.

1. texaslorraine

texaslorraine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think the hybrid batteries should last 10-15 years according to a friend who is into the prius genre...the starter battery is another story...cannot keep them for more than two years it seams...we have such extreme wheather in Texas...hope that is it..and sometime a nut ground comes loose and doesnt charge ...but when it dies, it seems to draw from the hybrid batteries...I debated buying a new prius with my hubs goind out and decided that I will spend the money to repair rather than go into debt again.

2. Tom in Maine

Tom in Maine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just bought a 2001 with 319,500 miles on it. It has had the motor replaced and the traction pack.
    Everything looks and runs good. There have been a lot of the typical expensive bits replaced along the way.
    The seller was offered $1000 as a trade in for a car that is in good condition, but needs a windshield. I picked it up for $1200. We put it on a lift and it looks great.
    I had a 2004 that was a salvage vehicle that we got back on the road and have had enough EV's that I am not
    at all nervous about this car.
    For the money, it offers some cool braggin' rights.
    I just am thrilled to be back in a Prius. We had just rented a 2013 to go on a long trip in February. My wife wanted to buy it until I told her the price. I tend to get nervous with cars that cost me over $5k. This was a great deal and I am sure will be a fun project to see how long we can keep her going.

GrGramps likes this.