1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reset button by OBD2 port?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tropicseed, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Tropicseed

Tropicseed New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I recently bought a new 2013 Prius Three. I found the thread on Todor's cool Carista smartphone app and bought a cheapo BT ELM327 device. When I plugged it in, I noticed a button just to the right of the OBD port. It's a simple springloaded pushbutton labelled "reset". Of course, I pushed it, nothing seemed to happen. Nothing like living on the edge! Anyway, anyone know what this is?

The dealer installs an alarm on all their cars, which they tried to sell to me, so it may be part of that. Just wondering though.

patrick

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    There are two buttons down there on "fully equipped" Prius. One is the tyre pressure reset. Pump the tyres up to the pressure you want then press and hold the reset button until the light flashes on the dash.

The other button turns on/off "PCS", the "Pre-collision" system. A three probably doesn't have that. It requires the radar cruise control I think.