1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reset Maintainence Required Light

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by EZW1, Jul 18, 2014.

1. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Got 14 Prius V back from first maintenance today and noticed the mechanic forgot to rest the light. So I called my advisor and she told me what to do. Here is process for others to share:

1. Set odo/trip to Trip A
    2. Turn off vehicle
    3. Hold down mi/hr-km/hr button on dash
    4. While holding down button, turn on vehicle to ON state (Press Power button TWICE, but DO NOT press brake pedal - you don't want engine to start)
    5. Wait while Maint Req light flashes, then goes off completely - about 4 seconds.
    6. Turn off vehicle.

The Maint Req light begins to flash for 30 seconds at 4800 miles when you turn the car on. Then is comes on steady at 5000 miles. It is intended to remind the drive that the 5000 mile maintenance is near. Normally the mechanics reset it when they're done, but if they don't, now you know how.

This is a bit different from my 2009 Prius, but result is the same.

2. jejb

jejb Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
  3. AMP

AMP April 2012

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks EZW1

It works great on my v.
    People should be aware that the reset is different on each model. It is not the same as the liftback or even the c.

I'm sure it is in the manual (one of the four of them) but I looked and didn't find it. Maybe if I knew the page number.
    Again thanks for posting it.....