1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reset on Consumption Screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tassee, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Tassee

Tassee New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    WOW !! Thanks guys, this is a really good site to get information. Since you guys are really knowledgeable about the Prius and I'm not, what are the little cars or yellow somethings on the bars that tell you about the mileage. Are they good or bad. For the first time since I've had the car, I did average 50.7 over the past two days. Whoo hoo!!!!! I am also keeping track in a notebook and spreadsheet of gas fillups and mileage. Looking forward to finding out more out the Prius. Thanks, Marcia

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The little green leaf cars represent energy recaptured during braking. Each little car represents 50 Wh, or enough energy to light a 50W bulb for one hour. It's good that the Prius uses regenerative braking, but it's even better when it doesn't have to use it, since it means you are not braking. You get better mileage when you don't have a lot of the little green cars, but don't worry a lot about it. Try to anticipate stops and the flow of traffic, rather than relying heavily on your brakes.

Tom

3. Tassee

Tassee New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For me, it's going to be a tad bit hard to stop braking. My first 20 to 25 minutes of driving is up the hill and then down the hill around the bend and up and down the bend . the last 20 minutes or so are straight on the highway so it's not too bad. My mileage keeps increasing though, up to 53 mpg or so it says on the display. Why does the battery charger turn green? Is that good or bad? Thanks again, Marcia

4. QuiGonJohn

QuiGonJohn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    2 times now I have not hit reset and yet the mileage number dropped all the way back to O on it's own. It seemed to happen around 342 miles. But the MPG did not seem to reset, (it did not change as wildly as it does when you actually hit reset - due to being based on less miles). Is there a limit to the maximum number of miles this displays?

I see this is similar to some of the other anomalies that others have reported.

5. fed123

fed123 Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I believe you will also "regenerate" when the car is in ready mode but parked.