1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reuters: Spare tires ditched as automakers seek efficiency

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Nov 9, 2011.

1. oldasdust

oldasdust Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The point is how do you take off a wheel if you need to. I have a floor jack and lug wrenches at home but not everyone does and many chatters said they would buy a spare if none was provided. I was quoted $300 for a donut. Oh you want a spare, jack and lug wrench that will be $500. More dealer rip offs coming. Poor gas mileage well sir remove your spare, jack and lug wrench will be the answer of the rip off dealerships. By the way Daniel i fully agree with you about most things especially the volt and Gm wanting it to fail seems like internal sabotage.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A jack and lug wrench in the car are only needed if you are going to change a tire away from home. Most people who would consider changing a tire at home probably have those things in their garage, or you can buy them at a hardware store, probably a lot cheaper than the dealership sells them.

It is a total screw that car makers cheat us out of the spare tire. But for myself, with no spare I have no need of tire-changing tools.