1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse beep ODBII setting code US version?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by FrankPrius, Dec 15, 2013.

1. FrankPrius

FrankPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought a Prius 2nd generation last week (in Europe), and I am new to this forum. I have read several threads already on how to disable the reverse beep on a Prius 2nd generation. I know wonder if anyone has ever looked into the OBD II programming option for a Prius 2 in more detail? To be honest, I have never used OBD or have much knowledge about it...

It is clear to me that it is possible with the US version of a Prius 2, but not on the European and Australian models. On the US version it seems to be a setting that can be changed by using the 'ODO-Reverse-Park' combination by the driver itself. Interesting enough, it is clearly a setting that can be changed in a Prius 2.

What I also know is that with a Prius 3rd generation model, the reverse beep can be disable with OBD II programming by a dealer, or a driver itself with the right equipment.

Has anyone ever tried to find out the settings code on a Prius 2nd generation with OBD II on a US version? For example by read-out all settings first just before you change the reverse beep on the US version, next read all settings again just after you have changed it, and finally read it for a third time after changing it again. If one compares those three log files, one should be able to determine the settings (code) for the reverse beep on a US version. And maybe this code is the same on the EU version.

Or do I say something really stupid things as I am a freshman on this topic...?

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    have you tried to disable the beep? the ends justifies the means in this case. if you can shut it off, who cares about the codes?

3. FreydNot

FreydNot Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've successfully used the Torque android app to disable the beep on a 2012 (third gen) that I was renting. I've never tried it on the 2008 (second gen) that I own (disabled using the manual method). I know there are many differences in PIDs between second and third gen, so I would guess if it is possible on a second gen the PID number would be different.

4. FrankPrius

FrankPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sure did several times, that is easy to try first. But as reported by all Europeans on numerous websites, also on this site, it does not work on a European version of a 2nd gen Prius.

That is indeed my intention, to buy a OBD II bluetooth interface and use the torque android app to disable the beep. And as indicated I need to know the PID on a 2nd gen Prius. And I expect that the changes of PIDs between 2nd and 3rd are much bigger than between the 2nd gen versions of the EU Prius and the US Prius. If I would know the PID for the reverse beep on a 2nd gen Prius US version, I might be disable it on my 2nd gen EU version.

So, my hope is on an American who is kind enough to try to find the PID on a 2nd gen Prius, or to report the log data reports in order for me (or someone else) to find the correct PID. ;)