1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse BEEP

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by CdotK, Nov 22, 2013.

1. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Getting my 10K service done right now and i asked if this dealership could disable the reverse beep and they said they couldn't do it, its something only Toyota can do... So funny how people who are supposed to be trained and know what they are talking about have no clue what they are talking about. Looks like i need to find a different dealership to start going to.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe you should have rephrased your request. Instead of asking to have the reverse beep disabled, ask to have it changed to a single beep.

SCH-I535

3. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    true.. didnt think of that :(
    But on the other hand if they knew what they were talking about dont you think they would have offered to change it to a single beep as an alternative?

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, I agree.

SCH-I535

5. Lutchenko

Lutchenko Will Perrin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I asked to have mine disabled and they just did it and after said "you'll get just the one beep now" so I'm surprised that your dealer couldn't read between the lines a bit.
    On the other hand my Prius is a 2010 model so maybe there is a difference in that regard

6. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

that is what i am saying. that is also why i think i am going to find anouther dealership to go to.. if they are that dense, im scared as to how good the service is...

7. Lutchenko

Lutchenko Will Perrin

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Sometimes it's simply a function of the person that you spoke to at the dealership. Might be worth phoning them and asking the question again

8. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    When I went in for my first 5k service, the local dealer (Toyota of Pasadena) wanted $60 to change reverse beeping to one beep because I didn't buy my car from them. I would never buy a car from them. I have bought two Toyota Avalons from Toyota of Glendora and two Prii from Longo Toyota. Longo is HUGE (one of the largest in the country) and are good to deal with.

9. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dealer said the same to me when I asked. Then he said we can only change it to one beep. Some people are sticklers for semantics I guess.

10. Nora

Nora Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just got mine changed to one beep today. First oil change, and they changed the beep for free. There was a grave look at checkout when the tech said they couldn't disable the beep, but now there will only be one beep. Which is what I expected, of course, so yeah, it appears that service techs may take this very literally. Pedersen Toyota in Fort Collins.

11. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    The services you get has a lot to do with the service writer.. thinking back, it maybe worth the $60 even though I didn't have to pay! Get it done and you may think the same.

Wording.. funny.. change to a beep versus beeping..?

12. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You can get an OBDII unit from Amazon and change the setting yourself for less than $20, so I wouldn't pay $60 to have it done. Plus, you have the reader after it's done in case you ever need to read any codes.

13. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is the best mod to do yourself. If you have any 'gear head' friends you may be able to borrow the obdII reader or Scanguage. The one I borrowed was OBDII to USB instead of bluetooth. Once the connection was established to the laptop the instructions elsewhere on PC were spot on.