1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse "beep"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BayAreaPrius1, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ryanj023

ryanj023 You Mad?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    well as the tutorial suggests, to me anyway, this is hardly a "hack". it has an actual visual for when the brake noise is on and when it is turned off (b-on, b-off). maybe i'm confused but it sounds like a legit process. has anyone looked in the manual to see if it mentions all this?

not exactly 'office space' status. i will try the method out with no worries, but if it is concerning to you call toyota up and i'd bet they would assure you it is ok. :cool:

2. sas0611

sas0611 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok ...I am a new owner and haven't followed everypost since the beginning of the forum so I guess I didn't know how widely adopted the turn off beep hack or whatever you wish to call it really is. I'm still not sure how widely adopted it is - I am not trying to ruffle feathers here but I might want to take a poll and see how many have disabled it. It may well be benign to do this but I've yet to hear anyone say it is definitely documented by Toyota and the arguments about litigation certainly make sense. Intent is obvious when you go through the convulted process of disabling it you'd pretty much have to be wanting to do it.

3. jeromehoward

jeromehoward Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Why....I oughta sue you guys for even Telling me this!
    ;)

(btw; thanks!)

m.wynn likes this.
  4. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    mine has been off for over 2 months now, no problem..

5. bradlee_s

bradlee_s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can this be disabled via TechStream on a Gen2? These are the only options I see, and I don't see a reference to it in any of them.

Attached Files:

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    m.wynn and Raytheeagle like this.
  7. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You need to click on each individual link for more options;).

It’s an Easter egg hunt, unless you know where to look:).

But @JC91006 has got you sorted(y).

m.wynn likes this.
  8. bradlee_s

bradlee_s Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was hoping to accomplish this through TechStream instead of all the various in-car actions, but definitely appreciate the detailed instructions for each task. I will just follow these.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  9. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is annoying but it does serve a purpose. What if you thought you switched to drive but really didn’t? It’s there to save you from accidentally hitting something like a person behind you.

10. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have went into reverse when i meant drive(still getting used to it), i think i struggle with it some because i grew up with a 3 on a tree. Beeper doesnt bother me as i dont spend that much time in R. Mine being an ex company car also has an exterior back up alarm, when it works, sounds like a cat with his balls in a vise.

Skibob likes this.
  11. MITCHEROOO

MITCHEROOO New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    especially if you are on the phone w/someone in the car on bluetooth or other while elsewhere or vice versa, or if there are passengers that decide to talk and then nobody can hear anything, Good Lord Almighty ought to give the Engineers some common sense to at least put an easy volume control to turn it down!!

The other issue I have w/this 3rd Prius 2013,
    the rear seat belts stick and don't release when driver taps the brakes! None of my friends will ride in the Prius now! Took me half million miles and 3 Prius's to get many to start liking and buying them !!!! the other is that they put in real crappy seats for long distance driving! If you don't want leg or butt cramps, need to install seats out of a Nissan Maxima, They are wonderful ... they adjust in every way possible for thick/thin, short/tall individuals, Praise The Lord..... sorry this may be my last Toyota

anybody else have these issues?