1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse Light for Rear Camera Trigger Error

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jonathanrn, Mar 1, 2018.

1. jonathanrn

jonathanrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've installed a Kenwood DDX9703 successfully in my Prius, but haven't been able to properly hook up the reverse camera trigger. There are a bunch of threads here that helped me locate the correct wire in the drivers foot area. I used a T-Tap and I'm sure it's all connected correctly because I turn the car on and check the voltage from the back of the T-Tap and it's 0. I shift into reverse and I get ~13V. Shift to Neutral and get 0V. The problem is when I shift into reverse, the stereo doesn't switch to the camera and more importantly, I get the yellow exclamation point on the dashboard along with a solid beeeeeeeeep until I turn the car off. If I disconnect the reverse wire, the car starts up and everything is fine when I shift into reverse. What's going on?

Thanks a bunch!

Jonathan

Attached Files:

2. jonathanrn

jonathanrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Solved! There's an option on the headunit to enable the camera to trigger when put in reverse. Duh! Works great now!

MSF1344 and frodoz737 like this.
  3. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks jonathanrn your info saved me time looking up the wiring diagram. Here's a clearer photo I took to help the next person looking for a "reverse trigger" on a 2012 (or similar) Prius. The red wire has +12V whenever the car is in reverse. It is in the middle row of wire on the large connector and located behind the drivers kick panel.

Attached Files:

4. MSF1344

MSF1344 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Active
    Thank you . you saved my time and money . My camera is alive now .

Thank you man , my camera is working with your solution .

#4 MSF1344, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020