1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse light on right not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by MingGyu, Nov 14, 2022.

1. MingGyu

MingGyu New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there

I need some help to diagnose one of reverse light (right) not working, I thought it was the bulb need changing so what I did to troubleshoot is I tried swap the bulb on the left (working) with right, but it turns out it is not bulb issue, then I noticed the cover on the right itself is red colour which is different than the left (white color)

Now I am a bit of stuck? can someone help me please?

IMG_20221114_160931__01__01__01.jpg

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Looks like you're in London England with incorrect tail lights I don't know which one is the correct for your car I'm guessing the right side was replaced but I don't know with what He need to go to the Toyota dealer one of the guys needs to look up on the parts list and see what's happened here I don't even know if the plugs would be the same and if the lights would even work because of this red square that you've got there that's not a backup light I don't think in any country but far be it from me to know that but certainly the red should not be lighting up when you are in R or trying to go backwards. One would hope anyway . Toyoda parts could tell you quickly.

3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I will translate with Tombukt2 said. Your right rear tail light isn't the right one for your car.

Mr. F and CR94 like this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's wild I wonder if somebody sprayed that red with that tail light spray from the inside hole or something that just doesn't seemingly make sense then where would your backup be on the right side I see the turn signal I don't think there's a light above the turn signal and that white space now I have to go out and look at my old lady's car because hers is the same striped tail lights without the red square

5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    HAHA!!!...

6. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Actually in Europe I believe there is a rear fog light and that might be the lamp/bulb for that….

iPhone ?

7. hoffeck

hoffeck Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that's the rear fog light. Here in Germany it is on the left. As a result, there is only one reversing light. IMG_20210529_170507.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Montgomery, MingGyu and jzchen like this.
  8. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    How nice n uniform . But I guess nobody ever notices it would take years I guess to even figure it out or possibly even care here in the US people would immediately think there's not enough light for backing up and would be adding whatever