1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse/parking sensor beeping

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Closure6594, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Closure6594

Closure6594 New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Does anyone know a way to (without going to the dealer) turn down the parking assist sensors/reverse alert beep volume? I find all these sounds helpful, but they're quite loud/distracting when several of them are going off at once.

I asked the dealer last week, and they said they could do it but they'd bill a little over $200(!) for it.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, according to the manual, it's only available via the dealer.

That's silly. When I bought the car, I had a "setup" appointment about 3 months into ownership where they'll do a one-time setup for all the things that need to be customised by the dealer, free of charge.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  3. Closure6594

Closure6594 New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Huh. I can try to go back to the dealer I originally purchased from. I guess I was more posting here wondering if there's a way to get whatever dealer tool can change that setting, myself.

4. beef jiggles

beef jiggles Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Carista app can do it, so can bootleg techstream though carista is easier and faster. I have both and have done this on my 2017, and several gen3 models. Same process on all.

You don’t turn it ‘down’ but you can change it to only beep once bs continuously.

5. Chris Wolfgram

Chris Wolfgram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    We have a Toyota dealer about 2 miles down the road. Have to go there for the free services anyway. If I remember, I’ll ask them to kill those stupid chimes then….