1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reverse signal wire

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by liamr, Jun 6, 2019.

1. liamr

liamr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi...

I need to connect to the reverse signal to finish off my new stereo install. I am using the OEM camera so I'm trying to ensure all connections are made in the front of the car. Is there a place on the front of the car where I can get access to the rever signal? In the gen 3 there was a multiplug in the drivers footwell, I think.

I would prefer not to need to run a cable back to the light but if I do need to do that, what cable colour should I be looking for?

Many thanks

Liam

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    On U.S. and European LHD and RHD models, the REV (reverse) signal is the green wire on terminal 2 of the 28-position connector at the radio head unit. Depending on whether the car was built with the Radio and Display Receiver Assembly or the Navigation Receiver Assembly, this connector is designated F31 or F92. (On cars for built for sale in Japan, the REV signal is also a green wire, but on connector F16, terminal 5.)

In all cases, with power (IG) on, the signal there should be 11 to 14 volts to body ground when reverse (R) is selected, and below 1 volt to body ground, otherwise. See the Electrical Wiring Diagram and the “Reverse Signal Circuit” topic in the Repair Manual (more info).

3. liamr

liamr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow! Cannot ask for more!!!

krmcg likes this.