1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reversing the HVAC Display Colors on GenIII 2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Steve Robinson, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At the request of several people on the What did you do to ur Prius today???? forum, I am attaching the War & Peace version of my modification to reverse the colors on the LCD HVAC (temp and fan) display on my 2012 Prius hatch (Canadian Base model).

This is probably not a mod for your average wrencher. I am no pro but started my career building and repairing electronics (a long time ago). Take care if you try this... I have seen other posts where someone will do it for you for $100. Might be worth a look if you are interested.

As mentioned in the document, before you decide, check the price of a new HVAC assembly. I expect it is not cheap. Weigh the price against the risk of doing this wrong.

Good bedtime reading!
    PDF attached plus a before and after picture for quick reference.

Read more: http://priuschat.com/f/gen-iii-2010-prius-accessories-and-modifications.96/#ixzz2Dpsro02v

Attached Files:

WE0H, wotcher, allen2oo3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Looks very nice. Too much effort for me though. Thanks for the write up nevertheless.