1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Review: New 2014 BMW 328d Sports Wagon Diesel

Discussion in 'Diesels' started by eheath, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Because BMW can get even more cash by making us go to the 5 series for that engine.

The US has always gotten limited engine options. The Fusion has 4 counting the hybrid, but mostly we are lucky if a model has 2 options.

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

I don't think the 5 wagon faired very well here in the US as the 3.

3. Tony D

Tony D Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Tony D

Tony D Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Well yes, but BMW didn't rreallyt start changing badges v's engines here til '99/'00

From memory, the first obvious one was the E46 323ci which had the 2.5 6c 24v engine
    The E46 also came as a 320i and it used both the 2.0 and 2.2, same as the 5 series of the same era

5. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

You're right.. they did start it back then.. but until recent, 2011 time frame, did BMW get way off.. as in the displacement was no where close to last 2 number in model name. ..

Yes, we know we have better/great pricing relatively speaking. I know a lot of foreigners who come here and buy exotics cars just because it's "cheap" for the time they are here(college).

6. Tony D

Tony D Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's true re exports. A guy I know worked as a Doctor in Mass General and bought a brand new Porsche Cayenne. He brought it back here to Ireland when he returned. Even though it's a LHD he said that he saved tens of thousands on it and would put up with the inconvenience of the steering being on the "wrong" side! He can always sell it in mainland Europe when he decides to move it on