1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Review of HD DICE and iPod kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Arroyo, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Arroyo

Arroyo Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    DICE iPOD INTEGRATION KIT AND HD DICE HD RADIO RECEIVER

First, there was the Walkman, then the Discman, Now with iPods and HD Radio at our disposal, get ready for...

THE DICEMEN

DICE iPod Integration Kit

Once upon a time, I had a hard time understanding the virtues of using an iPod in a vehicle. Why would I want to listen to an audio device with sound quality inferior to that of a CD, fiddle with controls that are even tinier than the ones in the car, and have to view the information on a screen measuring about one inch by two inches?

That was then. I subsequently tried it and was hooked. More specifically, I bought one to use with the DICE (as in Digital In Car Entertainment) iPod Integration Kit and was hooked. The DICE device makes it all so easy. We hook up the iPod Integration Kit to our Prius project car (experienced installation assistance recommended), plug in an iPod, changed the audio mode to CD Changer (in some cases, SAT mode), and iPod program information shows up on the vehicle's audio information screen under "CD changer."

Full LA Car article

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 100 mph

100 mph Junior Member

I'm a little concerned about the HD radio reception issues described in the review. Anyone been able to get clear reception all the time?:

"Unfortunately, there are some idiosyncracies about HD Radio that keep us from enjoying total satisfaction with the medium. For one, HD Radio signals – at least in mobile applications – are subject to some of the same multipath and adjacent channel aberrations encountered by non-high definition radio. When it's working optimally, the sound quality is stellar, and clearly a step up from non HD radio. Unfortunately, the interference problems are a tad too frequent for my enjoyment."

3. shapirophoto

shapirophoto New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you know if, you're playing music from your iPod then turn the car off (to go into a store, school, whatever) will it pause the music then resume it when you return? Or do you have to pause from you iPod?