1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Review of my yellow 2023 XSE Premium Prime

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by bumblebee_prime, Jul 31, 2023.

1. bumblebee_prime

bumblebee_prime New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Ah, I think you are right. I can't find much online, what is the main differences?

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    AHB is just turning high beams on and off automatically. The lights project fixed patterns.

AHS uses the fact that the headlights are actually a matrix of LEDs to control the shape.

For example, cars ahead don't necessarily mean turning the high beams off - it can just cut out the light in that direction.

Here's the first manual page:

AHS.PNG

And here's an old Toyota press release, with a link to a video with annoying music going into more detail

Toyota Vehicles to Feature Next-Generation LED Array Lighting from 2015 | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Maxwell61 and Tideland Prius like this.
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We do not have AHS, just AHB. US regulations.. blah blah blah and Canada usually follows the US for simplicity's sake.

It's also why we don't have the higher powered high beam headlights that Euro-spec cars have (because auto-levelling isn't required) as well as sequential indicators.

4. Sharol

Sharol Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I am SO jealous of you Canadians. You get the good colors. I love that yellow, and when I saw it on a YouTube review, I wanted it immediately, but no joy in the country south of you. Sigh. Congrats on your new car. I have a Chill Pearl (I hope) coming in a few weeks. They have my deposit, so....)

5. Pdog808

Pdog808 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Does anyone have any further info on the "My Home" function? Will it allow you to run the air conditioning while charging?

You can run the AC while charging the Gen 4 Prime's, but charging appears to stop while the AC is running.

-- On a waiting list for a Guardian Gray or Wind Chill Pearl XSE Premium. I expect to get a call later NEXT year if I'm lucky. This is to pay MSRP. My local Toyota dealerships have told me that with a "mere" $5000 markup, I can get in line immediately for the next Prime unless I get outbid. Gonna pass on that. I can spend that $5k on a very expensive tint job and clear bra instead.

6. Sedril

Sedril New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Yes it will keep charging - as long as the power required to run the AC doesn’t exceed the amount supplied by the charger. Otherwise it uses the battery to make up the difference.

It’s described in better detail on page 134 of the manual - under “power balance”.

Pdog808 likes this.
  7. Xse

Xse New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    Yes I heard how long it took to get a PP I had good intel on this one Got it before reaching the showroom 4 days I drove it home on the 4 day All I new was colour and my intel was the only one that knew it was coming
    Bumble I enjoyed your review IMG_0610.jpeg