1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Revolt Grid Charger Install - Gen 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mangomassacre, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mangomassacre

mangomassacre New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,

First time post here.

Today I attempted to install the Prius harness to use the Revolt grid charger.

I was dealing with the classic replace battery error (p0a80), so I thought I would try to use a friends gird charger to recondition my battery.

The harness install went ok (especially considering I was working next to snow) until I tried to start up my car. I had an addition light switch on the dash. The engine wouldn't start up, and the car wouldn't allow me to go into drive. The screen turned on, the headlights were working, etc. The engine just wouldn't start up. When I used to code reader again it wouldn't let me clear and it wouldn't specify a code.

At this point I'm not sure where to stop trouble shooting. My plan is take everything apart again, try to switch back to stock, and hope it works. Any suggestions of where I should troubleshoot?

- Did I replace the hybrid battery plug correctly?
    - Did I attached the wired to the fan board correctly?
    - Did I reassemble the fan duct correctly?

Attached is the install guide for reference.

Attached Files:

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Welcome to Prius Chat (y).

Did you reinstall the orange safety plug correctly?

Did you try to charge the battery up with their grid charger? If so, how did it go?

Keep us posted (y).

edthefox5 and SFO like this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I hope the orange interlock is in wrong. The lever flips up then has to be pushed down to lock.

I cant think how attaching those 2 relay leads even wrong would do anything to the car. Unless you plugged in the charger and those relay leads were in backwards..

Or you left the doors open the whole time and your borderline 12 volt battery died on you. You must have mini vci right?