1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RHD Convex side mirror

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by andino, Jul 13, 2010.

1. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anyone know if a RHD convex side mirror (passenger side) will fit on the a LHD version (driver side)? I had a set of convex side mirrors on my last car and it made changing lanes so much easier. It also helped eliminate blind spots on the driver side. I think the JDM (RHD) mirrors are the same shape as the LHD as JDM mirror covers will fit on USDM Gen3s.

Also, anyone know where I could find one of these? I wouldn't want to order the whole mirror assembly but just the glass if possible.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've just double checked my side mirrors so I was not mistaken and my passenger side (your drivers mirror) is not convex and is just a normal flat mirror. My driver side mirror (your passenger side) has the convex part to the outside edge.

Not sure if the Japanese RHD mirrors are different though.

3. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ^^ Darn, I was just assuming that the setup would be the same configuration as the USDM (LHD) since the convex mirror helps cover more area on the passenger side. I guess that idea is out unless the JDM RHD Prius has a convex on their passenger side. Only think is, they have the blue tinted ones that absorb water.

4. jdizon

jdizon New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    do they have a magic tint?

5. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ^^ Magic tint? Are you talking about the water absorbing stuff? I know the JDM version has that.

6. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Andino,

Shaun at Pentagon-Sheffield was able to source me the correct driver-side LHD ROW mirror. See the thread here. He was very efficient, professional and I couldn't be happier with the results.

1 person likes this.
  7. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Oh man thanks! I did a search and your thread didn't come up. I'll definately be dropped him and email.

8. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Apologies for not thinking of a european lhd convex mirror for you. So obvious now.

The UK dealers have easy access to the Euro spec items so should be able to obtain it quickly. Ask them for a price excluding VAT (our sales tax which is 17.5%!) or at least ask for a VAT sales invoice which will show the cost breakdown, and give you a chance to claim it back. Not sure how you can do that though!

9. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    ^^ No worries. I didn't think of the LHD euro mirrors either. I'm dropping Shaun at Sheffield an email when I get home tonight. Hopefully he can get me a driver side mirror.