1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RHD UK Replacement door mirror.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by silverb19, Nov 15, 2018.

1. silverb19

silverb19 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oooo. I am so bloody furious, I could crush a grape.
    I needed a new door mirror passenger side RHD UK spec car. I ordered one. Dead easy you would think. I ordered a 3rd party one from a seller on eBay £39. It arrived, I fitted it, it wouldn't turn in far enough. Contacted seller, who said I must have missed the fact that the Advert says its for a LHD European car (for sale on UK eBay?). However. They said they'd do a refund. So then I found a UK car parts company. Asked them first if they knew wether theirs was for a LHD car. No sorry - check it against OEM or send your VIN number and we'll check for you. I thought I'd found the correct OEM from Toyota UK and it matched, so I ordered it. It arrived and it's worse than the eBay one. Again a LHD one. WHAT THE F#€% ARE TWO UK SELLERS DOING SELLING DOOR MIRRORS FOR LHD CARS IN THE UK FOR. GRRRRR. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A LHD PRIUS IN ENGLAND. I sent the second company a rather vitreous email and my VIN number only to receive the following from them.

Kevin Black (Support)
    Nov 15, 17:07 EET

Dear Ray,

Yes, the only mirror that would be the same as yours, you can find only from Toyota. Mirror that you bought from us, you can return back if it was not mounted on the vehicle.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we don't accept back parts that were used.

In case there is anything else we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!
    Have a nice day!

Thank you for choosing our online store.

Best regards,
    Kevin Black

Have a nice day Bugger you mate.

2. Robertto09

Robertto09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two