1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ride/handling improved after service

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jbpersmail, Oct 9, 2011.

1. jbpersmail

jbpersmail Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    i have always felt that the ride comfort, handling of the car, and feel all improved right after each service (for about 500 miles or so, then everything gets back to "normal" and does not worsen until the next service). on my old cars, i believed that had to do with the fact that dealership lubricate chassis when i take the car in for oil change or major service.

it is my understanding that you cannot "lub chassis" on prius as lubrication is concealed and maintenance free. yet i still the feel the same is happening to my prius. anyone feel the same way or know why?

tire pressure is not the cause/issue here for various reasons. i check at least once every other week. just to list 2 more reasons. #1, if i take the car to a place that don't lub chassis but adjust tire pressure, i don't feel the improvement in handling. #2, most of the times, the paperwork states that my checked/adjusted tire pressure are the same.

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My car feels like it rides and runs better after I wash it, but I know it's just a delusion.

Wraiththe likes this.
  3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would get a guage and check the pressure myself. Those 101 point check advertisements don't mean much.

the chassis is pretty much maintenance free, as compared to vehicles of the past, yes.

4. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Rotating the tires will often give a car, especially a smaller car, a different driving feel until they wear in on the new corners.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    before prius, i always felt that my car performed better on a full tank of gas.

6. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ad OP, I think it is the oil maintenance effect. The nice, clean oil makes the small miracle.