1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Riding Quality Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by AllenZ, Nov 23, 2011.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I've seen some people upgrade suspension to get better performance on cornering. I wonder anyone "down grade" the suspension to make it ride more comfortably? Assume Toyota made Prius suspension more stiff to enhance mpg...

Also I am thinking about sound proofing materials, and put 30 psi back to tire... What else I can do to improve the ride quality?

I think simply by owning a Prius, we've got the lion's share of gas savings, no need to push further. I would like to have overall satisfaction including ride quality.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    New KYB shocks and struts will make the ride better, some tires have a plusher ride, 15 inch rims will ride best. Light rims will ride best, in theory 1 inch taller springs, but I have never seen them.

" As its name promises, the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred provided the most comfortable ride of the group" When Round and Black Becomes Lean and Green

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...ta&autoModel=Prius&autoYear=2004&autoModClar=

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...sort=Weight&filterNew=All&filterSpecial=false

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Vibration absorbing material like Dynamat Extreme stuck on the insides of the door sheet metal and the passenger and cargo compartment floor will go along ways towards making it feel like you have better ride. If you don't hear tinny sounds and rattles your mind thinks the ride is smoother. You can also add some sound proofing material to that.

It's not a good idea to go below factory tires pressures, they are already low and the handling (think safety maneuverability) will deteriorate rapidly as the pressure is lowered.