1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Right Rear Power Window Quandary...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dyjital, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Dyjital

Dyjital Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Apologies, I put the in wrong sub-forum.

Dear Prius Chat,

First post, long time auto monkey but first time with a problem I can't solve or cannot find anyone else who has the same or had the same problem. Purchased the car used from car lot with 83K on it and have had it about three weeks, I really and I mean REALLY enjoy having driver window cracked with RR window cracked for cross air flow. In the meantime, I'm learning to improve my MPG. Driving a Geo Metro prior to this really helped.

2010 Pious III
    Issue:
    Right rear power window not controlled by driver switch​

Symptoms:
    1. No control from driver switch (all other windows operate from drivers switch)
    2. Right rear window controls fine from right rear switch
    3. At any point with car on or off, right rear window switch is active and will roll window up or down. The only way to disable this is to pull the fuse for the RR Window.
    What I have tried:
    1. Replaced master switch - did window reset procedure (same problem)
    2. Swapped rear switches - same problem on RR Window. Issue did not change windows.
    3. I pulled the RR door card to see if there was something funny with the wiring: nope, everything was normal. Though it appears that somebody else has attempted to see what's going on because the vapor liner has been removed before.
    At this point I'm absolutely up for suggestions.

#1 Dyjital, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! correct me if i'm wrong, but the window should not work with power off. if this is the case, there has to be a wiring issue between the source and the window switch.

3. Dyjital

Dyjital Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Solution:
    Door connection (entire door) had come undone. Looks to me from my experience that somebody was messing around because part of the connector was broken. if it comes undone again I will modify the connector and add a ziptie to hold them together.

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

IMG_2740.JPG

@bisco, that's what I was thinking too. The problem is I couldn't find any real reason why. This popped up as the solution. It's been properly connected for 15 minutes and works as it's supposed to now.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!(y)

5. Mak977

Mak977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have same exact issue, I just bought 2010 Prius for daughter and noticed today the rear right passenger window is only rolling down from the driver window controller, it’s not rolling up; only rolling down. The right rear passenger window controller works perfectly fine, it rolls down and up, no issue. I have watched few YouTube videos suggesting that it’s needs to reset by rolling down and hold 5 second and roll up for 5 seconds; no fix. As I’m reading the comments, somebody found a solution but don’t see any steps by step fix. Let me know if anyone can explain the solution in detail. Thank you,