1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Right time to complain about G3 Prius's Radio bad reception?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hsiaolc, Feb 11, 2010.

1. GrumpyAndOld

GrumpyAndOld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm curious to what the dealer has to say. My FM reception is fine, but I don't use it often. Its one of the later produced cars. It sounds like the problems are in the antenae or wiring from the antenae to the radio. Has anyone getten the dealer to fix their issue?

2. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes I do realise the shortcomings of Digital receivers but we are trying to iron out the problem as quick as possible and not rely on Toyota recall.

Yes my HIDS are aftermarket. I can't stand the normal nights. Personally I think their lights are a disgrace because you virtually can't see the road anymore with just ordinary halogen lights. Even with HIDs it is just barely acceptable. I really think there are a decline in quality from Toyota just like all greats once they are up there then there is only one direction is to go down.

3. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I concur. Besides the Radio, Satnav, and rattleling issues the Prius G3 is a very nice car to drive. I can fix all those issues except the Satnav. I have a Garmin as well and I loved it. The ones thats build onboard is totally useless. Got me lost twice now and I have no confidence in the road selection either whereas Garmin was perfect. It had the best road choice for you compared to any other Satnav my friends have.

4. hsiaolc

hsiaolc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Forgot to ask. How do you shield the interference from the HIDs? And why would the HIDs affect the radio? The HIDs is at the front and the Radio is at the front and the Antenna is at the back I don't see it would be such a huge cuase of interference. Probably due to the bad wiring?