1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Nalgask

Nalgask New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    if I put rims on my 2015 Prius c one, will I lose gas mileage? If I just get 15inch rims?

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Depends on a lot of factors. What's the weight of the wheels, what's the width of the wheels? Are you using the same tires? What's the offset of the rim?
    If they're heavier, you're putting more resistance on the system, dropping mpgs.
    If the tire is wider, you're potentially creating a larger contact patch, dropping mpgs.
    If the offset is more on the new wheel, you could be putting the wheel outside of the aero of the fender, dropping mpgs.
    If you use a different tire, make sure to use another LRR tire so that you don't drop mpgs.

michael.sfo likes this.
  3. Nalgask

Nalgask New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/vision-bane here are the rims ill be buying, as far as tires it will be these https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/goodyear-assurance-fuel-max/p/14039

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
  5. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If those rims fit your car (and they should, with dual drilling), they'll be fine. Not too heavy at 16 lbs and the offset isn't too far off factory. The tires look like a good choice as well.

6. frenzee

frenzee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Tires, I don't know, but the sepcs on those wheels are very close to Konig Helium

https://www.americastire.com/buy-wheels/konig-helium

which many users on this forum, including me, have put on the C with no negative impact, so you should be OK. There was much discussion about these and other wheels a few years back.

You will also need conical lug nuts. The acorn-shaped OEMs will damage the soft aluminum wheel.

ztanos likes this.
  7. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    ztanos likes this.
  8. frenzee

frenzee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It is accurate. They're not forged, and not the absolute lightest 15" wheels out there, but good value nonetheless. When I first got my C, I sold my OEM wheels and hubcaps on CL, so net out-of-pocket cost to me was around $100, LOL.

jb in NE likes this.
  9. Issy Car

Issy Car Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wonder why Discount Tire (from that link) tells me that the Konig Heliums don't fit my 2015 Prius C when I've seen so many on this forum use them.