1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Road noise and ride quality

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by CWM, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    How many miles/kilometres on it?

2. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perhaps the fact that the noise vanished when you sat in the other seat could mean the noise is from the empty seat. My right front seat sometimes rattles when unoccupied.

3. OptimusPriustus

OptimusPriustus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Its not seat because passenger or not the sound comes up at 100kmh. And she has 217kkm/134kmiles on the clock. Has made this troughout our ownership so it’s not about loose exhaust or intake joints after egr cleaning.

Must say that in the passenger seat the ride is surprisingly quiet given that Prius is no luxury vehicle.

4. Kyosha

Kyosha New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If the sound is happening at a specific speed, and sounds like a hum, it could be from tires, balance, and/or alignment. If you have directional tires on the car, they tend to get noisier as they wear due to the nature of the design. Tires in general will start to get louder as they wear since the pitch sequencing changes. When was the last time you had the tires rotated and the alignment checked/fixed?

For what it is worth I had a tire wearing weird due to alignment issue on a VW Beetle that I could hear in the driver seat, but not from any other seat.