1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roadtrip for retail therapy, joined Fuelly - what a fun game...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by OceanEyes, Oct 27, 2012.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Partial fuel up today to get myself logged into Fuelly - on the dashboard on returning home from errands apres fuel-up in a 10+ mile run... 99.2 mpg... just about fainted since that was the first time THAT has happened, unrelated to Fuelly.

Fuelly interpreted the data a little differently but that is OK... as I log in more drive time I am interested to see what happens.

Prior to fuel up took the Prius on I-95 and was pleased with the little effort it required to keep her moving and still 52.3 mpg... not sure if I am getting that pulse and glide thing just yet but what a fun ride... realized I was in the wrong lane to get back home and passed and merged safely and defensively into a slot that was meant for me... the taxi cab driver behind me had the look on his face that said, "Wait, what?!" :cool:

I have to get a life... let's see if Fuelly posted in my signature....here goes!

2. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It worked!!!

3. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Wait what? Did you make up the numbers in Fuelly?

OceanEyes likes this.
  4. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, just added the things requested in Fuelly and got a shocking number and the number on my Prius's dashboard once in the garage was 99.2... and it had not gone that high before...EVER! I could not get my camera out fast enough but will be ready the next time! I think Fuelly might be more accurate but am still hyperventilating over what my car and Fuelly said - two sources on the data retrieved.

I was having a very bad day including an argumentative discussion with my ex - maybe the Prius has a mood detector built in and responds appropriately....:unsure:

And if that is the case, my car is my new best friend!