1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roadtrip MPG Report

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mattebury, Jul 29, 2012.

1. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just got back from a family vacation. Took the Prius to NorCal, Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes, so a lot of mountain driving.

Miles driven: 2,020
    Gallons pumped: 44.600
    Average MPG: 45.3

Worst tank: 42.9 MPG (climbing into the Sierra)
    Best tank: 48.6 MPG (driving out of the Sierra)

Other notes on MPG, I didn't try to maximize my mileage, I drove it 75 MPH on the interstate (especially I-5 through the central valley). Also, the car was packed to the gills in terms of weight, two adults and a teen and all their luggage for a two week, no laundry trip, with hiking gear and water. Back cargo area was full and I had to fold down the smaller seat to fit the bigger suitcase.

I know my avatar shows a C, but this our experience in the lift-back.

2. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like you gave the C a good workout! How would you rate the comfort/handling/noise with the load you had?

3. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    This was NOT the C, but our Gen-III lift-back.

As far as comfort, I was spoiled by my F350 King Ranch leather seats, so not as comfortable and cool as that, but not too bad. It's a trim level four, so it has the fake leather seating. I found that I needed to tuck my shirt in to keep my back from sticking to the seat and chaffing.