1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rock Auto 5 percent discount code

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Spent the afternoon cursing over some minor repairs, which turned major when I kept dropping things into the engine block. That will teach me about drinking Rainer Beer and working on cars.

Anyway, I needed a couple of parts and just ordered them from Rock Auto. I also realized I have a discount code for them that they encourage me to share with anyone and everyone....so....if you need a measly 5 percent off a Rock Auto order. Enter:

in the box that says:

How did you hear about us

on your shopping cart page.

Nope, I don't get anything from them if you do this or not. So, don't flame me for that. Flame me for not being able to find better than five percent.

Also, I am not happy that they have now made SmartMail their "go-to" carrier, which from what I can tell is some bastardized form of FedEx's SmartPost, which means now that DHL AND the Postal Service both have a chance to lose my package.

Sigh, I used to love it when USPS Priority mail was their go-to.

RCO likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pretty sure this is chris's go to parts joint. must be a gnw thang.

3. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I actually have ordered from Rock Auto now and then. They have a giant inventory and ship extremely quickly.

But, in this instance, remembered her post about their cabin filter and I needed new cabin filters as part of my spring cleaning routine and remembered that they had them cheap -- $3.33 each.

I also am getting new engine air filters, but getting that from Toyota at the cost of $18. Now, I just have to go into Downtown Seattle to get it....almost worth ordering them online to forego that "experience."

Or, I could drive to Oregon to save the sales tax. :D

bisco likes this.