1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rodent Damage: Something to think about..

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Gibson, Jan 4, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  3. If yes, date of occurance

6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CR94

CR94 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did mice invade it?

2. Redpoint5

Redpoint5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm thinking I might strap some mouse traps near the air intake, but I'm not sure they will stay set with the bouncing around the car does.

There is a musty stench still lingering in my car even though it has been 3 weeks since I removed the dead rodent. This even after removing the batting from the cowling it died under, washing the floor mats, using a carpet cleaner on all fabric surfaces, pulling up the storage bins in the rear of the car, removing the rear seat, and verifying the cabin filter is clean. The car has been sitting with the windows fully open for the last 3 weeks and the smell isn't diminishing.

Now I'm really feeling like this is the Seinfield smelly car.

3. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    put a few soap bars inside/

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No. But, I've never had a mouse problem (e.g. invading, eating wiring or whatever) yet (knock on wood) on any of my cars including a '91 Camry, '02 Maxima, '04 350Z, '06 Prius and 2 '13 Nissan Leafs.

5. Ozark Man

Ozark Man Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I confess I had doubts about this until today. I checked my cabin filter for the first time to see if it needed changing and lo and behold. A mouse had cut it and made a bed in it complete with a supply of acorns. When I had first read about this I had put d-con in a wooden box beside my pri with an entrance only big enough for a mouse or rat to get into. My garage is just an open shed under an oak tree so I guess I should have expected it. But in my 50 years of owning vehicles this is the first time I've had this happen. I only hope that this is an old nest and he has gotten into my poison and not still around.

6. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hope dies last.... ;)

Raytheeagle likes this.