1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rolled into the parking curb....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Higgins909, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I went to go to a store real quick and while parking I forgot about the parking curb/stopping at all and rolled into it. (Was thinking about the driver who I pulled in, next to, who was wanting to reverse out) I know for fact that this parking curb is a bit taller and I've scraped my bumber/undershield on it before. However, I never rolled into it going 2-3mph... I hit a pothole pretty bad a while ago and am sure I need a alignment as I think it pulls right slightly or it likes to turn right slightly easier then left. Now I'm wondering what other damage I have done...

Without going under the car, visually everything looks alright. A part of me is saying it had to of been less than 5mph, but then I'm like it felt pretty rough. I actually have it on dashcam... But would be a bit to upload it, if needed. I'm more worried about the frame/suspension as I've already messed the undershield up a bit and the bumper was cracked in a few spots when I got it, as well as some rash on one of the sides...

How bad do you think I've messed up my car?

Thanks,
    Higgins909

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Nothing to worry about. Worst case you've bent a tie rod end, and you can replace that and get the car aligned and be on your way again for short money.

All of the steering and suspension components are lightweight in these cars. If you subject the car to enough shock, they'll break off to prevent damage to the body & cabin.

Depending upon how long ago this happened you may need tires.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'd say you got off lucky - only knocking your alignment out of whack. I made a right turn about a year ago, too close to the curb, bam-bam 2 Flats / PLUS alignment / PLUS 2 new tires

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can't damage a prius suspension on a parking curb. all you've done is scape the aero covers