1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roller Type Tonneau Cover For Three Touring?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 90ford, Mar 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 90ford

90ford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    We have a roller type tonneau cover for our cargo area on our 2006 Prius and want to add one to our 2016 Three Touring but Toyota Parts Department cannot find the part. It is standard on the model Four. Anyone have a part number or source?

2. JohnF

JohnF Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wanted to do the same thing. I stopped by my dealer today about something else. On display, they had a Four with the roller tonneau cover, which I examined carefully. I asked the Parts Guy to look it up, and the price was $550. I quickly lost interest and forgot to get the part number. You'd have to want the roller tonneau real bad.

You'd also have to change the depressed areas on either side that the roller unit fits into. Cars with the "lightweight tonneau cover" have a large "T" hook in the center of each depression, for the loops that hold the lightweight cover. For the roller cover, a flat disk replaces that "T". It looks as though these pieces are removable, I just don't know how they come out or how much additional two flat disks would cost.

I need that bar just as a support for things I will carry, so I'm mulling doing something creative with PVC pipe. And much cheaper.

littleb59 likes this.
  3. 90ford

90ford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    $550 is too high for me. Funny that there is a storage space under the cargo floor for it and latching grooves in the trim near the door for it too. Maybe I can modify the older style one to fit the new car. It is not as wide though.

littleb59 likes this.
  4. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got one and I have no plans to use it. Maybe I should sell it to offset the purchase of some nice wheels.

#4 krmcg, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  5. 90ford

90ford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    You have the retractable cover that fits the 2016? I think that a lot of people might want it. Would need to figure out how to install it though.

6. 90ford

90ford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I found the part number for the cover- 6490-47060-C0. It does cost $550. It fits all of the 2016 Prius models you just need to remove the T-type plastic plugs and pop in flush plugs. I want one but $550 is ridiculous. They actually could provide it as an accessory with the plugs and sell some if the price was about $200 or less.

littleb59, Cdsmith and krmcg like this.
  7. galownia

galownia Previous master neon mechanic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow! That is ridiculously expensive. I see an enterprising lad with connections to Chinese manufacturing making a killing....

krmcg likes this.