1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roof cargo bin size needed for a 2008?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Acidbass32, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,
    A family member of mine bought a roof cargo bin recently for her 3rd gen, and unfortunately she said the bin that she originally got was too small. So she offered it to me as an incredibly early birthday present, but I wanted to be sure it would fit my roof. I know I wont be able to put much weight on it, but it would only hold a surfboard and the occasional duffle bag when I have my giant dog in the boot. The dimensions for the rack are 43.5 inx 37inx 4in. and here is the link for the rack itself that she is willing to give me. Curt Roof Mounted Cargo Rack - Best Price on Curt Cargo Basket & Rooftop Cargo Carrier
    I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this product and would it even work from a size stand point? I am getting a yakima aeroblade rack to mount it onto, because I was told it would not attach well to a round bar system. Has anyone had this set up and any tips or tricks? I know I ask a lot of questions on here, but as my profs always say, "use the resources available to you".
    Thanks Y'all