1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roof Rack, Prius 2010 with Solar Panel

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by thorvald30, Jul 5, 2009.

1. thorvald30

thorvald30 New Member

Model:
    V
    Hello!

Just bought my first Toyota Prius 2010 here in Norway :thumb:
    It will apear in shops late August, but my new car will be deliverd in October....

I have a pretty large family, but i think this car will do just fine. BUT......I bought the premium model with Solar roof. I was hoping to use a roof rack with a box with this car, but the dealer said that it would not be possible.....for the moment :eek:

I guess there are a couple of thousands families that are hoping for a possibility to use a roof rack with this car/equipment. Does anyone have information concerning this problem?

Has anyone, with sucsess, managede to put a roof rack ontop of the solar panel?

Regards from Norway (with 25 Degrees celcius at seven thirty in the evening....) No Polarbears here...:p

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Going from a 2004 to a 2010, adapting my rack to fit over the glass roof appears to be just a matter of new clips (since the metal frame over the door is longer now).

I have a rack setup to carry 2 kayaks... which worked great last year... now it is sitting in the garage waiting for the update from Yakima.

2 people like this.
  3. tulip407

tulip407 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi John,

that sounds great and great relief for our family ;-).

Did you receive the Update clips from Yakima?

Does the roof still open with the rack on?

Thanks from Europe,
    Tulip