1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roof racks or Rear-mounted Options for Carrying Gear

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pepe, Apr 24, 2007.

1. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pepe @ Apr 24 2007, 06:33 AM) [snapback]428969[/snapback]</div>
    This is posted in the trailer hitch threads,,, I installed this before an 8000 mile trip. I didn't end up use it because I had pleanty of room inside the car. Light weights, load out of the slip stream, should work well. Always worked well on my Subaru.

Icrarus

PS Sorry for the duplicates below,,, I can't seem to figure out how to delete them.

Attached Files:

2. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do I delete dupliate posts?

3. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    tell me how to delete these duplicated posts!

4. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do I delete dupicated posts?

5. mcjabos

mcjabos New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ May 2 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]434087[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 2008 prius and the handbook says no trailer hitches should be put on. are they just covering their butts to be sure you don't pull anything? i'd like to take our old uhaul mounted trailer hitch friendly bike rack from the subaru and put it on the prius.

also- the bottom of hitch tended to drag on steep drives - do you find that with the prius. i parked my suba next to one and they seemed a little higher off the ground than a legacy.

mols

6. FUUFNF

FUUFNF Forum Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Costal Tech makes a 2" and a 1.25" hitch.

Receiver Hitch

7. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't have the tools or space here in the city to permanently install a roof rack on my Prius, but I want it done. I am going to get the Yakima landing pads installed, but where do I go for someone to install it for me? One of the dealers on the Yakima site (surely bike shop employees are not trained in drilling into roofs), a mechanic, the dealership?

8. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Yakima will damage the roof.

9. stevecaz

stevecaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota doesn't sell a rack for the Prius in the US. Thule makes fantastic slot mount racks in Europe for aftermarket and OEM that they generally don't sell in the US - just what that picture is likely. They can be bought from dealers for VW, Audi, BMW, etc. as OEM racks but that is the only way. Thule does have an aero T-slot cross bar now, however, its not the sleek version shown in your pictures swooping into the towers. You can order Thule racks from many internet retailers like REI but shipping will be around $75 and then there are duties.

10. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Is that the company with horrible customer service that never ships product ordered or replies to emails sent?