1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rookie Questions on 2015 Prius Four Info Displays

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kutztown46, Feb 23, 2015.

1. kutztown46

kutztown46 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    We have now owned our new Prius for one week and are still trying to figure things out. This is our first Toyota and first hybrid of any kind.

1) I cannot find any gauge or indicator for coolant temperature. Every other car I have owned has had one. Maybe with a hybrid, the risk of overheating is much less, so why take up space with a temperature display. But on a cold day, it's nice to know when you can turn on the heater and fan and actually get warm air.

2) I cannot find any place where it shows me tire pressure.

Am I missing something?

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Prius has no temperature gauge, nor does it tell you individual tire pressures.

Some people purchase Scangauge to get more specific information including engine temperatures.

While Prius does have a TPMS, there is no gauge that reveals individual tire pressures.

I know the owners manual can look daunting. But especially if you are new to hybrids and Prius it really is worth sitting down with for a while.

3. CaliforniaBear

CaliforniaBear Clearwater Blue Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This isn't just Toyota. My household's 2014 Subaru also lacks a temperature gauge, having only a 'cold' light that shuts off around 125F.

The previous Subaru did have a temperature gauge, but not until adding an engine monitor (ScanGauge, but other similar products exist) did I learn that its rock-steady temperature control was an illusion created by collapsing the whole range from 150F to 210F to a single point.