1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rosen Nav, Ups and Downs

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Cloud, Dec 2, 2010.

1. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just cycle the car Off-Ready 3 times and message will disappear. You probably didn't disconnect the 12V battery at the right side of rear hatch area.

2. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is that where the starter battery is? In the passenger side hatch area? And, no I didn't disconnect it, because I couldn't find it...lol. Back outside now to run the backup camera and sensors to the back of the car. Last night I got everything back together in the dash, verified everything functions properly before hand, and now to finish the install.

Last night I played a DVD, MP3 disc, CD, data disc, and they all just start playing automatically, which is very cool. The DVD will play in park, drive or reverse with the ground wire grounded, which is cool. Once I'm done with the install completely, I'll make some videos of the various functions of the radio. I decided not to do it of the install, because of Fraychild's pics that are available and the video from Rosen on YouTube. But, after doing it myself, I should have, because it's a lot more involved than an hour's worth of work, that's for sure, especially if you have sirius, Ipod, tuner, backup sensors, and backup camera. Hopefully, I'll be able to explain it well enough that it makes sense, without pics or video, unfortunately.

Chris

3. mkhan01

mkhan01 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Over the weekend, I completed adding Rosen backup camera to the setup. I was able to find the reverse wire up front thanks to info posted by various folks on this site. In my case the wire was red.

To confirm I had the right wire, I used a simple electric wire probe/tester which lighted up when hooked up to this wire while in reverse.

Attached are two pics: closeup and general location of reverse wire.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Same place I found it for mine too...

Chris

5. zero610

zero610 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone's RDS work with their Rosen system? I can't seem to get mine to...

6. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine does...

Chris

7. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wish the factory auxillary still worked too, because the ipod connection doesn't work with all ipods. Anybody figured out how to make the factory aux still work too?

8. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the factory aux does work after the rosen install. hit "menu" then there is aux in within the screen, and that is how you get to the aux in.

i didnt know it doesnt work with all ipods. i have a 3nd gen ipod touch that seems to work well with it.

9. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    how did you get your rds to work? according to the rosen unit it says the hardware isnt installed for it to work. you are getting real time traffic updates?

10. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not sure, honestly, just screwed around with the keypad settings I think. I haven't really played with it much yet, but as soon as I get a chance I'll post a video of some of the settings. But, go to your manual and when in the settings screen, there's a keypad button at the top right I believe, and when you tap it, you punch in a 4 digit code which brings up some internal settings for the radio...I think that's where the RDS is located if I remember correctly. As far as traffic info, it doesn't do it here in Boone area, but I haven't even tried to figure that one out...not sure how it works, sorry.

Chris

11. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ah i think i was combining the rds system with the tmc system that is in the rosen unit. i do get the rds information for radio stations, but i havent had it automatically tune to emergency announcements or anything

i did not do anything to configure the rds, but i did try the tmc and it kept saying there was no hardware it could find.

12. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ah, gotcha...yeah, no idea on the tmc yet.

Chris

13. dopey423

dopey423 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    here is matrix from crutchfield on another rosen unit that might be helpful for what types of ipod's work

Attached Files:

14. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I thought I tried that, but I'll try it again today. Thanks,

Chris

15. zero610

zero610 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any idea what the 4 digit code is?

16. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine was 7354 I believe...can't guarantee it's the same for yours, but give it a shot.

Chris

17. revhigh

revhigh MPG Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    WOW !! I've owned 3 different NUVI's and every single one locked onto satellites in well under a minute when turned on for the first time (out of the box), and never lost satellite connection from that point on ...

I'd say there was something wrong with your NUVI if it acted like that ... it's the only brand of GPS that I'd own.

REV

18. zero610

zero610 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My radio code ended up being 7253. Glad to have RDS functioning now. I don't know why that is disabled as a default.

Also in that menu is something for "ant power". Anyone have experience if that will help out the poor radio reception? I turned mine on (default was off) so we'll see what happens.

19. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That may be what mine is too...sorry if I told you wrong, I was working off memory. :) Glad you got it working though. Not sure ont eh antennae. Mine seems to have plenty of reception, but I'll check that setting too.

Chris

20. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II