1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rotated 2 traction batteries and none give the 3 clicks for start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by intune2u, Nov 8, 2021.

1. intune2u

intune2u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2006 and 2007. 2006 has 250k. I have a few traction batteries I replace every 6 months or so. Put one in the 06 today and no start, no 3 clicks all the normal lights with triangle. Put the old one that was in and had same results. I did not disconnect 12volt neg as it never mattered in the past. I did disconnect and no change. I am thinking this is pretty simple most likely relays? I have never had this problem in the past and I have done this pretty many times. OBD shows nothing. I have a prius diagnostic that I have not used yet as the old laptop needs to be charged. I do not know what and where the relays are that might need to be checked. Looking for some insight. Thanks

2. intune2u

intune2u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    code was a POAOD. Cleared code and restarted. Everything was fine. Still do not know why it happened. I am going to put other battery in and see what happens.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, your code is for the High Voltage safety interlock. Which means the handle for the orange HV fuse holder possibly wasn't fully slid down during installation OR the car "noticed" that you removed the fuse holder and set the code then. Some ecu's can stay "awake" for some minutes after turning the car off.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.