1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Roundabouts

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by LeVautRien, Jul 27, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
  2. cmympg

cmympg Who knows? Who cares?

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm not from Boston but we did live on Cape Cod for a total of 7 years - that's how I got my experience driving in Boston. I'd rather drive in New York City or Puerto Rico than Boston. I'm not bashing Boston. It does have great places to go and restaurants. I just would prefer not to ever drive there again.

And I have no idea how we got from windshield wipers to roundabouts.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

were getting lots of "O" here as a means of traffic calming. Lots of my 4X4 buddies prefer them to travelling out of town to go off roading. There are a lot of "sleeping policemen" too and some have been taken out at the request of the ambulance and firefighters. City planners, I think that's an oxymoron isn't it?

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Yep, In the Uk, we have the lowest rate of accidents at junctions becase of the roundabout.

In Germany you are not allowed (by law) to indicate which way you are going as you approach a roundabout, so the flow doesnt work very well. You must indicate where you are leaving the roundabout only as you reach that exit. Of course most people dont indicate due to lack of space/time between the exits, so all the entry points get blocked as knowone knows where the cars ar going.

Heres the correct way of using a roundabout in the UK -> The highway code - roundabouts. <-

Now armed with the highway code, figure out this one
    -> The Magic Roundabout <- Thats your homework for today :lol: