1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Royal Pains shows off black Prius v with ATP and entune

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Chazz8, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This was seen on the July 18, 2 minutes into Royal Pains; The new doctor is sitting in his decked out Prius v with ATP. He brings up a screen of stock prices, touches one to get price and daily price change verbally. Then uses voice control to "call broker" but they must have cut out the "dial" confirmation command.

I had to go out to my vehicle to try it. Sure enough it read me the price and daily price change in that sexy voice. Somebody let me know if I can cut out the "dial" voice confirmation to make a call using voice command.

This show has shown off a Gen III prius before as seen here -> http://priuschat.com/threads/2010-prius-on-tv-show-royal-pains.64226/#post-887066

2. waffle

waffle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you hit the voice command button and have it programmed, you absolutely can just say Call <name> and it will dial... My wife hates it because I give my friends dumb names that I enjoy telling my vee to call :)

3. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, that is indeed how I use voice dialing too. I just wish I didn't have to confirm with the command "DIAL". I guess I would be even more mad if it chose the wrong person to dial and didn't ask for confirmation.

jtv likes this.
  4. waffle

waffle New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oh, you know, I never even thought about it, I guess I do say dial.

5. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I usually just hit the "off hook" button after the voice prompt repeats the correct name, that way you don't have to confirm with 'dial' and it saves a few seconds.

6. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Turns out (in the story) Dr Zacani prefers driving his Prius v over his inherited Ferrari. Dr Zacani has a very introverted personality and I guess a flashy Ferrari is just not his style.

Thanks for that tip to bypass/avoid verbal confirmation on phone calls Boston Jim.