1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RP4.2-TY11 with atoto a6 pro unit, no sound, help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Keverino, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Keverino

Keverino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi im new here, first post, only been a lurker.
    I have a prius gen 2, 2007 with what i think is the JBL system, it says JBL all over the place, so it should b.

I could not stand not having bluetooth to the stereo and its pretty ugly too.
    So i wanted to swap it out for something more modern, after searching the internet for a modern cheap unit I bought the Atoto a6 Pro unit.
    First of all, i wanted AC to work, first harness i bought there is no ac and no sound.
    Then i bought the PAC RP4.2-TY11 Rev1.1.1.33
    I have connected the cables to the sound and to the amp ON, plug it in and it start up just fine, no smoke from anywire (yey).
    but no sound, i try the radio, spotify, bluetooth, i mute and unmute im into settings on the stereo doesnt seem like muted.
    I have the "dip switches" on the interface 1,2,3 ON, also tried all the others, if this even matter.

What is kinda funky its that if you press on Audio on the side of the MDF it says "sound off", but sometimes its it seems like it works, but still, there is no sound on any speaker, not even electrical noise.

So i brought the old stereo back, because someone on the internet said " turn the volum up to the highest" i sure did, and that electrical noise was intense.
    Pluged the PAC in with the atoto, and i saw the noise drop back down to 0.
    Is this the problem? and how I solve that?
    Some1 said that i could use a windows laptop and plug it in.. and lift the volum up like that?

I have searched the internet and i cant find anyone with the same problem.
    AC works and the interface registres my volum up/down etc pushes, since it blinks from solid red to green when i press the buttons.

2. GBleezy

GBleezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey I got the same radio and am about to put it in myself as well! Although I went with the axxle harness not the PAC. Do you have JBL on yours? Also I've heard that about the volume as well that you want to turn the volume all the way up with your original setup and then turn the car off and begin swapping the radios.

My guess is that you need to find the proper settings for the dip switches because they correlate to the new head unit which is ATOT, an off brand so best to find out if there's a workable setting or not. I know with the steering wheel harness I have I'll have to upgrade the firmware first because I don't think it does ATOT by default. In fact it ends up setting to something like, 'veritune' or some other Chinese brand I can't remember really.... But yeah...

3. GBleezy

GBleezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yo I'm getting the same issue with my install! I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the amp not turning on properly which is why the MFD says straight up, "No Audio" and you don't even hear button pushes. But I plug the stock stereo back in and can hear things again.

So I was thinking maybe not enough current to turn the amp on and I know there's a different wire could use for more amps, just gotta figure out which one...

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you added the 68 Ω resistor to terminate the bus? See other threads on this forum for details.

5. GBleezy

GBleezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah I included the resister and my climate controls work just fine ( which is what they resister is for from what I understand). And I checked the outputs from my Headunit and it's definitely outputting sound. And I checked the amp turn on and it's definitely outputting 13v, not sure why it's not 5+ but it's enough to turn on amp. I also plugged my stock radio back in and noticed it is playing radio and CDs while also saying, 'No Audio' when I hit the audio button on the MFD which I didn't expect...

6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have read that if you have JBL (with the separate amp under the RH seat), before you start the disassembly, you need to adjust the volume of the system to about half (may a bit more) but not low or full, for best results. This is because most replacement units will not be able to connect to, and control, the stock amp volume. Most replacement units have an internal amp which it controls.

Not sure how accurate this is to your situations, or how helpful it is, but take it for what it is worth.

7. GBleezy

GBleezy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone know what I can connect to this mute line to make it unmute? I think my harness is wired wrong. Also any idea what these other two might connect to? I'm thinking the amp probably doesn't need a turn on so I'm gonna try to use that for mute and see what happens...

Attached Files: