1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RPLCE 2014 cluster with 2016

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by James Powers, Oct 18, 2017.

1. James Powers

James Powers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My apologies if this has already been posted about.. I did a search but cant narrow down as I only saw problem posts with the cluster..

I am wondering if anyone knows if you can replace the center instrument cluster from a 2014 Prius III with a 2016 Prius 4 color cluster? I recently sat in one and that update is awesome. Its like xbox to the xbox 360 lol

I cant seem to find the connectors to see if they would be the same but I believe all of the information is the same and displayed in almost the same areas on the reader..

Thanks all!

2. James Powers

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does this make sense? Is this easier than changing the LED's in the dash?

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  3. MP_Geez

MP_Geez New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Don't have an answer.. but i have also seen the newer cluster and think it would be awesome if it was a swappable upgrade :)

Dylan Doxey and James Powers like this.
  4. James Powers

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Right? It looks pretty slick. I did notice that there are a few things it does that ours doesn't though so maybe not but still.. Its pretty clean looking.

5. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm pretty doubtful that it would just plug-n-play. But how awesome if it did! There's a 2016 cluster on ebay for $149. It couldn't hurt to try it out. :cool:

James Powers likes this.