1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RS-R coilovers are perfect for daily driving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jteran5, Dec 10, 2022.

1. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Late to the party for this generation so I know not many people are modifying these cars.

I bit the bullet and installed coilovers on my gen2. I went with a set of RS-Rs for this car mainly for the price. I picked up a used set for less than $800 shipped from Japan. They had maybe 2k miles on it and everything looked new. It even shipped in the RS-R box and came with complete accessories and install literature.

But besides that, they have excellent dampening and lots of R&D from what I've been reading. It was between this, Blitz or BC Racing. Since blitz makes a ton of products, I didn't think that their coilovers would be their "speciality" since they can't just concentrate on their suspension products solely so in my mind, I figured RS-R would be better. And with BC Racing, going with their swift upgrade would be almost at the same price point as RS-R which have more height adjustability (can be lowered as much as 90mm) and RS-R coilovers come with their TI2000 springs which are titanium-infused (?) and lighter and react quicker, I figured similar to doing a Swift spring upgrade anyway.

People speak highly of RS-Rs dampening and I can attest to that. I'm not lowered all the way but still pretty low and it is SUPER comfortable to drive. I've set the dampening to halfway between hard and soft all around and it is extremely comfirt9to drive as is. I did install the dampening extenders in the front and rear but haven't played with them yet. I like the settings as is.

I had to remove the Carbing braces underneath and had to get my exhaust adjusted because the stock exhaust pipe was hanging too low. After all that, and putting 800 miles on it, I don't scrape on anything anymore and I'm loving it. Only thing left to adjust is the rear toe and camber with some shims and I'm all set. I wish I took more pics before install but literally had them installed the next day after I received. And shots underneath would be useless now since I'm running coilover covers to protect them from the elements IMG_20221210_073644.jpeg Screenshot_20221208_090138.jpeg Screenshot_20221210_075746.jpeg IMG_20221203_131339.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

SFO likes this.