1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

RS3200 Security System Malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by brianric, Nov 22, 2009.

1. brianric

brianric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Has anyone have their RS3200 Security System go off in alarm when it should not have done so?

This morning I went to the local WaWa to get coffee. I locked the car as I normally do by tapping on the door handle. I came back out and grabbed the door handle as I normally do. The doors unlocked, but as soon as I opened the door the alarm went off. I had to grab the fob that was in my right pocket and hit the unlock button to silence the alarm. This was totally unexpected, and something I don't want to happen at 4 AM as I go to work and end up waking the neighborhood.

2. dewey

dewey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Had similar problems. The alarm went off if we re-entered the car after leaving, or if opening the trunk after a short period of time (and this was when the car was unlocked!!). It was crazy. All we need is a system that stops unwanted intruders when the car is locked--not a system that goes off if I open a door to wipe a window when the car is in the garage unlocked. This is a two-week old 2010. I took it to the dealer to disable the "passive" system (which they then wanted to charge me for--I refused and said if I'd been asked how to set this system I would not have asked for something that goes off under all scenarios) which they did and charged Toyota under warranty. Now all is well. The system works if the doors are locked and something odd occurs. Otherwise--we now have peace of mind. :rockon: