1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rubber Floor mats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by omgitsroy326, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jump123

jump123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  2. HealthPromotion

HealthPromotion New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have the Husky brand.

Amazingly, they are made for a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder, but they fit almost perfectly into my new Prius.

I really like Husky.

3. ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought a set of four RubberMaid mats at Target for $19.99. They're rubber, and I just trimmed them to be the same size as the carpet floormats that came with the car. They've been perfectly suitable so far.

4. HealthPromotion

HealthPromotion New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

since you trimmed them, do they still hold water or does it all spill out onto the floor?

5. ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I retained the big edge around most of the mat...I mostly just trimmed so that the mat doesn't interfere with the brake or accelerator pedals. That part is sloped anyway, so losing the edge there doesn't really matter. They've done a good job of holding water so far.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed the Weathertech Floorliners in the front and rear. I'm happy with the fit. There is one bulge I would like to flatted out in the rear seat area but I think a lil heat gun action will fix it.

They are not as rubbery as I would like but they look great and appear to be able to contain any reasonable amount of mess I could possibly drag into the car. :)

7. jump123

jump123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    i, too, got the FloorLiners for the back. In the front, I decided to put the all-weather guard mats for now since it is Winter here in the East Coast and I wanted mats that would trap snow. It is the all-weather guards that don't seem to line up with the car's floor hooks. I am wondering if this is normal or not.

8. CB793

CB793 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Using OEM rubber mats here. No problems.

9. mbarlow

mbarlow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I second the Costco mats! They appear very durable, minimal trimming needed on the left side where the dead-pedal is and should get me through the winter slop for under $20. I just trimmed the driver's side mat with heavy scissors.

10. Rockville1

Rockville1 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have the Weathertech FloorLiner (front and rear) in my Prius and the two holes in the driver's front liner fit the Prius' pins just fine.

I've been using Weathertech FloorLiners in another vehicle as well and can't imaging living without them!! Great product.

11. jump123

jump123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hmm. I wonder if the FloorLiner product has a different pattern than the All Weather rubber floor version.

Either that or they sent me the wrong ones

12. Alt Tab

Alt Tab "Don't Panic."

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I went to Auto-Zone the other night and spent about a half hour picking through their selection of slush-mats. Then I went up the street to another, local auto place to investigate what they had, there I had a revelation.

All the people who just genuinely hate humanity, those who tortured in the medieval ages, those who burned people when we were colonizing America, and those kids who beat people up in school... they've stopped being so obvious about it. They realized that to survive they would have to trade their brute force, inner ugliness, for something that they could quietly and subtly foist upon our unsuspecting lives.

In short, they've gone industrial design, and are now taking out their aggression through the medium of the slush mat. My God! Were those things ugly, and expensive. I couldn't find anything much I was in love with online either.

Finally, at the very end of my search, I started looking for what would protect my carpets in the slush-like weather we've been having, and not make me physically ill enough to vomit all over the interior (thereby defeating the purpose of the mats in the first place).

These ended up being 5.00 Wal-Mart generic brand mats. And as much as I hate Wal-Mart... they do fit. And they were cheap. So if you're looking for simple, black mats... you could do worse.

Good luck out there.

- Scott

13. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Its either that or go into politics. :D

Oh, BTW just to be on topic, I have the OEM rubber mats which I like very much. I wish they also made an OEM rubber cargo mat of the same quality. I'm thinking I will eventually fork over the $ for the Weathertech cargo mat.

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Floorliner product is 100% custom-fit for the Prius, while the "Premium Rubber Mats" offer a semi-custom fit. I'm not sure if that means the holes should line up or not - I would suggest contacting Weathertech at 1.800.441.6287 to ask. If you are not happy with them, we can work out an exchange for another product.

15. northwest

northwest New Member

If the WeatherTech semi-custom fit for the Prius is anything like the simi-custom fit that they make for the Camry, it is not too close. I had to cut off a section of the mat, as well as grommet in a hole for the "mat-holding peg," since there was no hole at all -- again this being for a Camry.

The original Toyota rubber Prius mats fit well and have the hole in place, but aren't quite as heavy the WeatherTech.

16. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Aye, Like Danny said. The Floorliner product is a completely custom fit for the Prius. It hugs every contour perfectly except where the rubber bowed a bit in shipping.

I got in the car after walking through the rain yesterday and was quite amazed at how much water ended up in the floor mat. I can only imagine that I used to drag that much water into the stock carpet mats all the time and it just soaked in. Yuck

17. maclion

maclion Junior Member

I bought one from wal-mart as $19. And I do exactly the same as ForTheGlory did. The passenger is perfect fit (all big edge is still there); Lost some edges at the 'left foot rest area'. but yes, it is slope. Heavy snow today, they work just good!

18. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    can we get pictures of people's custom floor mats~

19. 3c3

3c3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Does anyone have the Costco item number? The two Costco stores near me didn't have any car mats. Thanks.

20. mbarlow

mbarlow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Weird, I went to the CostCo site and they were not there. May be a hit-n-miss item, in-store only. I actually read about them in PriusChat before I went to the local store. Sorry.