1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rubber piece for back bumper??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by clokwise, Jul 18, 2012.

1. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have seen the piece its a rubber strip for the rear bumper so you don't scratch up the top of it loading or unloading stuff. Does anyone know a good place to pick one of these up? Also does anyone know if one that is larger? I would like one to cover more area than the ones I have seen. I play a lot of music and am always loading and unloading music gear. I have already put a few scratches on my month old prius in that area. Not to worried about but would like to prevent if possible.

Thanks!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  3. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah similar to that. I did check out the store here. I saw that one. Just wasnt sure if there was one larger. Figured it was worth asking :)

4. krazypriuslady

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I keep a little throw rug (like 2'x3') on top of my OEM carpet in the back. It keeps that from getting trashed up, and also, I can pull it down over that bumper area when we load and unload. It not only covers the top, but the back side of the bumper (the part visible to the car behind you), and is especially useful when I have other people loading and unloading too. It's a visible reminder and I don't have to tell them every time they go near the car :) which helps me appear less OCD!

5. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    u mean me having towels hanging over all my car doorsills would be considered OCD? lol! I got tired of telling people YEARS ago to not drag their feet over the side of my car, or bang their shoes on the painted edge of my door sills, or drag their feet over the chrome doorsills and the plastic doorsills.....so I finally just covered them with towels. I never could wrap my hear around people's desire to have a nice, shiny car, then to swing open one of the car doors and it just being a big section of scraped, scuffed mess that greets your eyes... I'm of the opinion, if it's okay to drag your feet and bang them and scuff and scrape on the doorsills, then why wouldn't it be ok to do that on your hood, or down the side of the car door? Why protect certain areas of your car, only to damage other parts of it with reckless abandon?

6. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey CLOKWISE, I bought that Toyota OEM rubber strip for my Gen III Prius and it worked better than hoped for. I was rebuilding my house then, and hauling all kinds of heavy tools and building stuff in & out - the rubber piece scratched its surface a bit, but it protected everything else and you really couldn't see the scratches in the black rubber. I'm about to buy another one for my 2012 PiP even though I have the OEM clear plastic surface protector - becuase the heavy black rubber piece is just better designed to handle the occasional heavy scrape over the doorsill and it looks good too once it's on.

7. clokwise

clokwise Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for this idea, i would have never thought of that. I went and bought a cheap $5 bathroom rug and it fits perfect and protects way more than I was originally aiming for. I have it rolled up and sort of tucked under a piece in the back so when I want to load stuff i just give it a little push and it rolls right out the back and hangs.

Great idea, thanks!