1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rubber Plugs not installed by dealer on delivery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mootsman, Jul 25, 2006.

1. mootsman

mootsman New Member

Howdy,
    I found these in the glove box of my new Prius. They are rubber plugs that have instructions printed on them indicating that they are to be installed as part of the pre-delivery function. They go into the end of some frame members. So.....ignore it or crawl under the vehicle and attempt to install them?? I'm mechanically oriented but had just as soon not fool with it if not necessary. Thanks for any info.

[attachmentid=4247]

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't ignore it. If you're not inclined to put these in yourself, by all means take it back to the dealer.

3. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know what? They didn't put mine in either! I'm going to go back for sure.

4. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    When I went back to my dealer, I asked them what these things were for. The reply was, "Oh, this is embarrassing. They shouldn't be there. We have a whole bucket of these things and just install on of those because it's easier. You can throw them away."

I'd check, but either they've already installed them or they need to install them.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i found them in my glovebox too. i just reached under the car and popped them into place. a couple of minutes tops. put em in if you like, i think they help with corrosion prevention or something like that.

6. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is exactly why, upon delivery (at the dealer) you follow the Prius Delivery Checklist. The plugs are on the checklist. The dealer should supply the checklist. You should follow the checklist and go over the vehicle together before you leave for home.

7. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So where do these plugs belong? I didn't have any in my glove box, and I'd like to verify that they're installed.

8. Lil Mo

Lil Mo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Jul 25 2006, 06:55 PM) [snapback]292337[/snapback]</div>
    Walk out to your car, drop your trousers, bend over, and...

(Okay, I apologize, that was too hard to resist. If galaxee put them in, there is a chance that normal humans can figure it out. :p )

9. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's a picture on the bag that shows you where they go. It's an oblong hole just in front of the back wheels. close enough to the sides of the car that you don't have to reach far under.

I had those in my glove compartment as well, but I put them in myself. Took about 15 seconds, after maybe 30 seconds of looking near the front tire because the picture was a little unclear. Once you find the hole, just push them in.

And in case it wasn't obvious, this little task requires no tools.