1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Rumourmill: Venza and Sienna to Come in Hybrid Form Only

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I never looked at Pacifica PHV when I was looking for a minivan/SUV to replace our old Sienna. We had a Grand Caravan before Sienna, but it lasted only 80K miles with an engine failure. It was the last US model car we have owned. If Pacifica engine is as good as Toyota, I would have considered it, but at that time, I could not afford a new Pacifica PHV, and no used one on market. Ended up buying used Pathfinder Hybrid. Not as good on mileage, but my wife loves it.

Georgina Rudkus likes this.
  2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Since Fiat took over Chrysler, they have sold nothing but unreliable JUNK.

#42 Georgina Rudkus, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Salamander_King likes this.
  3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I had higher hopes. My buddy's (Fiat era) Wrangler is on its 3rd transmission already.

Georgina Rudkus likes this.
  4. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    I'm not a fan of Chrysler at all ( cough...dodge neon...cough ). However, a coworker has the Pacifica plugin and I never thought I'd say this...but it looks like a well built vehicle. He has had absolutely no problems with it either. It will be interesting to see how it holds up long term.

inferno and Salamander_King like this.
  5. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    We had all the same problems when we had our 3rd kid, now 4th kid.

Got the Sienna, and it was excellent, but mpg was horrible after owning 2 Prius for a couple years.

What we finally decided (well i decided, lol) was that 2 Prius was better.
    If/when we ever go as a whole family, we take both cars and have extra room and better comfort.
    The younger kids can even walkie talkie for fun, we can listen to different tunes,
    can drive even different routes/roads.
    It makes it much easier actually.

And we still have better mpg then one Sienna- which was giving us about 20mpg at the time.

farmecologist likes this.
  6. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If both parents are available.

dig4dirt likes this.
  7. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well that still works in the Gen3, but very tight squeeze (best for short trips) with 2 booster seats in the back.
    But luckily (worked the thought into the decision) my oldest son is 19 now, so not so much
    coming along the ride much the last few years.

8. inferno

inferno Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Our Chrysler has been amazing. 1st gen, in crucial fixes twice (got lenders) but haven't had a problem since. I think they've worked out the kinks. By far the best for the family out of all the vans. Goes over 30 miles EV or more if you hypermile. Entertainment options...Wifi streaming, HDMI ports on two screens that can be seen from the captain chairs or back row...Potentially you can have people in the back watching 2 different movies or playing games.

The Van is also spacious and quiet...It's awesome, which is why we're upgrading to a 2020 with CarPlay and Android Auto lol!

I see Sienna and the Odyssey as the closest competitors...But they lose on MPG and entertainment though they have other cool features. I love driving around 32 MPG + after the battery is depleted. I hadn't felt this excited since first driving a Prius 3rd gen and seeing 45+ MPG!

farmecologist, Trollbait and dig4dirt like this.
  9. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be in a Prius v already by now if they still had it. Venza is poss...how long will I wait?

bostonbruins8703 likes this.