1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Run Away Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Roger3125, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the a speed limited built into a Prius, that cuts off gas once it reach a mph, I know Caddy & BMW does

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a speed limiter in the Prius but it doesn't cut off gas per say. I believe it is 106mph (2nd Gen) and 113mph (3rd Gen). I' sure someone will correct me. :)

3. TheSpoils

TheSpoils Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If the floor mat problem persists, you can hack off the bottom of the accel pedal with a saw.

4. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You got me, there. Wasn't putting much into it at that point...

5. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    2 weeks ago, in my 2010 prius, i was driving about 20mph stepped on the gas and then held the shift in neutral.

it went into neutral after 3 second and the engine just idled.

no bread was made on the accelerator.

6. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    In California and some other states, the on ramp to the freeway is sometimes only 300 feet long, you must floor the accelerator in order to get up to 65 mph quickly in order to merge into traffic.

A lot of people love to have a powerful engine just to be safely merging into traffic and this is often the selling point of gas guzzlers.

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Baking Power is the energy flow needed to heat the oven that bakes the bread dough. This dough contains Baking Powder, causing it to rise, lifting and sliding a device off the Floured accelerator pedal. When this jam is cleared, the engine slows down and the bakery truck regains its Braking Power.

Or something like that.

I'll take raspberry jam on my hot bread.

8. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What Darrell wrote. If you're worried about a runaway, go test the brakes in some safe place. If the brakes can't stop your car all by themselves then they need repair!

9. jonehill

jonehill New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    V
    hey don't worry! I media tries to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
    you can take a test drive and decide for youself that is there anything wrong in your toyota prius or not.

10. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Heh, that's if there even is an on ramp. I recall that on some spots of the 110 in So Cal, there is no or virtually no on ramp. There's just a stop sign and the highway. :( You either have to hope for a break in the traffic (can be tough in So Cal traffic) big enough so that you can make it in by flooring it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...id=2jKtQCEadKyk9aailol3Ew&cbp=11,44.1,,3,1.59 looks like one of them. It doesn't look like you have even 50 feet between the stop line and traffic approaching from the rear since you don't get your own lane.

There are some spots on highway 17 near Santa Cruz where I recall there are intersections where you need a powerful car to avoid getting hit.

11. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Especially since CA drivers don't understand the fast lane/slow lane method like east coasters do, and then on top of that don't want to let anyone in in front of them making it harder to merge (even though the law is that they need to allow you to merge - hope I'm right on that if it's a question in my upcoming traffic school:p). (not an east coaster here, lived in L.A. for 30 years, just loved driving over there where people understand the fast lane is a passing lane and you move over to slower lanes if you're not driving that fast)